Profiling and popularity¶
Atlan crawls additional context from some sources, to give you information on the values that exist within the data and how the data is used.
Profiling gives additional context to columns in relational stores. From profiling, you can see various summarized information such as:
- numerical statistics (min, max, mean, median, standard deviation, sum, variance) for numeric columns
- minimum, maximum, and average lengths for string columns
- distinct value counts and percentages
- missing value counts and percentages
Profiling is only available on columns
You will only be able to populate this summary information on columns, not on other assets in Atlan.
Popularity gives additional context on how assets are being used. From popularity, you can see information such as:
- which users are querying assets
- the costs associated with those queries
- how long the queries run
- the queries themselves
This information can be populated on all assets in Atlan.