Getting started with Atlan¶
If you prefer, we also have video-based introductory courses:
Welcome to our developer portal! 🏠
If you are just starting to work with Atlan, you might want a brief introduction to its important technical concepts. Being familiar with these will help you make the most of integrating with Atlan — irrespective of the mechanism or language you use to do so:
- Assets are the most important concept to understand in Atlan
- Tags enrich and group together assets
- Custom metadata allows you to extend assets with your own information
Jump right in¶
Alternatively, if you want to jump straight into examples, you can search (upper-right) or use the top-level menu:
- Snippets — small, atomic examples of single-step use cases.
- Patterns — walkthroughs of common multi-step implementation patterns.
- Samples — documentation for publicly-available samples of reusable, end-to-end code.
- Reference materials fully explain all possibilities for:
- Types — describe every field and relationship available on each asset.